Registrations will not be accepted before June 1st postmark
(Registrations postmarked before June 1st will be returned)
All visitors wishing to place a camper on the campground must register prior to setting up camper. To register, the following information is needed:
1. Camper make
2. Camper type (camper or combination camper/livestock trailer)
3. Camper license plate information
4. Owner of camper
5. Name, address, and telephone number of registrant
6. Names of those expected to occupy camper during fair
Fee for the 20 camping spaces with electrical hook-ups shall be $150.00/per space. Camping spaces without electrical hook-up along the east fence will be leased at a rate of $75.00 per space. (If using a generator, they must be off one hour after the evening grandstand performance ends.) This fee shall be sent with registration information. Payment shall be by check or money order made out to Union County Fair.
Camping requests with incomplete information or without
payment shall be discarded without further notification to registrant.
If camping request is granted, camper registrant will receive, by mail, a permit card which must be displayed in a road facing window of the camper while it is in our campgrounds.
Camping registration requests must be sent to:
2271 Cherry Street Rd.
Creston, IA 50801
All camping lots will be numbered and the lot number will appear on the permit card. Lot numbers will be assigned by the board or its’ designees. Preference for end lots will be given to combination camper/livestock trailer units. If campers desire to be on lots next to each other, both camper requests should arrive in the same envelope.
Campers shall be parked only in confines of correct lot number and shall not intrude into any other lot.
Campers shall not be placed in the campground before 8:00 a.m.
Wednesday immediately prior to the start of the fair, and shall be removed by 6:00 p.m. Friday immediately following the fair. No exceptions.
Electricity shall be available during this time period.
Campers in violation of this policy shall be removed from the campgrounds. Means of removal (towing, dragging, etc.) shall be at the discretion of the board or its’ designees. Registrant of the violating camper shall be responsible for any cost incurred by the association, board, or its’ designees in the process of removing the camper. The association, board, or its’ designees shall not be responsible for damages to any camper which occur while on the association’s property.
1. Any person under the age of 21 staying overnight in the campgrounds must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. In the event a parent or guardian cannot be present due to work or other conflicts, the parent or guardian may designate another responsible person over the age of 21 to stay in their place. This person will be required to have a written statement to that effect signed by the parent.
2. There will be a curfew placed on outside activities which take place in the campgrounds. This curfew will go into effect one hour after the evening entertainment in the grandstand is concluded. The curfew will ban any outside activity in the campground throughout the night, with the exception of livestock care and restroom use. First offense of the curfew will result in a warning. A second offense of the curfew will result in the removal of the person from the grounds.
No Alcohol Policy:
1. There will be no alcohol allowed on the grounds during the activities of the Union County Fair.
2. Anyone found to be in violation of the “No Alcohol Policy” will be removed from the grounds. The violator will also remove any of his or her property which is located on the grounds. This property includes, but is not limited to, campers, vehicles, and projects which are entered in 4-H, FFA, or open class competition at the fair. The removal of the person and their property will be immediate. Any projects that are removed will not be allowed back on the grounds for the duration of the fair, this includes judging events and the sale of projects.
3. The board of directors of the Union County Fair Association will take every opportunity to support law enforcement officers in regard to the enforcement of laws prohibiting alcohol possession by minors. The board will also support these officers in filing criminal charges against minors who are in possession of alcohol.
4. The Board of Directors of the Union County Fair Association reserves the right to change, amend, or otherwise alter the consequences for violations of this policy. These changes shall be voted on with a minimum of twelve members present, with a simple majority vote required.
Exhibitor Trailer Parking Policy:
All livestock or utility trailers left by exhibitors on the grounds during the fair shall be parked as near as possible to the east fence east of the horse barn and campgrounds. This includes horse trailers. There shall be no trailers parked west of the east end of the horse barn.
Any trailer left at any location deemed restricted to trailer parking by the fair board or its designees shall be moved to an appropriate area. Means of moving the trailer (towing, pulling, dragging, etc.) shall be at the discretion of the board or its designees. Any cost incurred by the board or its designees during the moving of the trailer shall be reimbursed by the trailer owner.
While it is not the intention of the board to place undue demands on exhibitors, we realize that the fair is funded in large part by those attending the night performances. It is our intention to provide as much parking area as we can, as near as possible, to the main arena.
Commercial Exhibitors & Vendors Policy:
Click here for Union County Fair Commercial Exhibit Form
Indoor Commercial Space
The Union County Fair Board has set the price of the exhibit space in the new Lunch Stand at $10.00 per running foot, with a minimum of eight feet of space. All booths are seven feet deep. This must be paid prior to the fair.
The new Lunch Stand will be open for set-up beginning at 8:00 A.M.. Friday, July 21st: open daily 6:30 A.M. Saturday, July 22nd through Wednesday, July 26th. Closing will follow evening grandstand performances. Displays should be removed by Wednesday afternoon.
Outdoor Commercial Space
Outdoor commercial exhibit space will be charged at a rate of $.05 per square foot of set-up area used by renter. Vehicles used for the transport and/or storage of renter owned items shall be considered part of the renter’s set-up area. This price may be adjusted up or down, taking into consideration type of equipment on display, utilization of space by renter, location of display, and other circumstances at the discretion of the fair board or its’ designee. Electrical hook-up may or may not be available depending on the location of the display. This space will be available only at the discretion of the board or its’ designee.
Outdoor Vendor Space Rental
Category 1: This includes any area inside the main arena viewing area. Cost will be $1.00 per square foot of set-up area used by the vendor; minimum $120.00.*
Category 2: This will include the parking lot directly north of the main arena and the pit area north and east of the main arena. Cost will be $.50 per square foot of set-up area used by the vendor; minimum $60.00.*
Category 3: This will include any open area, not described by a previous category, within 50 feet of any building on the grounds. Cost will be $.25 per square foot of set-up area used by vendor; minimum $30.00.*
Category 4: This will include any area on the grounds not described by a previous category. Cost will be $.20 per square foot of set-up area used by vendor; minimum $24.00.*
* All spaces available at the discretion of the fair board or its designee. No set up allowed until space is approved and paid.
Vehicles used for the transport and/or storage of vendor owned items shall be considered part of the vendor s set-up area in all categories.
For more information or questions contact: Marla Gilliam